God’s Mission or Mine?
The following is a study guide which follows the January 8, Sunday AM teaching.
- How will this year be different for you? What do you hope the Lord will accomplish in your personal life?
- We are all a part of God’s story...history is His-Story. Joshua challenged his people to make some life-defining choices based on one big question: will I serve God’s mission or mine? What are some ways to help us stay surrendered to the purposes and plan of God?
- I mentioned four key ways we serve God’s mission: know Him, grow in Him, serve Him and share Him with others. Of those four, which one do you believe needs the most attention in your life? Why? What about in general?
- How will this year be different? What do you hope the Lord will accomplish through you?
Growing Up or Growing Old?
The following is a study guide which follows the January 15, Sunday AM teaching.
- Growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional. What does that mean to you?
- The key to maturity is time with God, a tithe to God, and training with God’s people. Talk about S-O-A-P (Scripture reading, Observation, Application, Prayer). If you tried this process for learning God’s Word, share how it benefited you.
- I made the statement that for God’s Old Testament people, tithing was a deeply spiritual experience...an act of worship and gratitude for all God had entrusted to them. How can we make giving God’s tithe and our offerings a more sacred experience?
- Training with God’s people is essential if we are to grow up in our faith. Have two or three discuss how studying and praying together has helped them grow.
Pay It Forward or Pack It In?
The following is a study guide which follows the January 22, Sunday AM teaching.
- The idea that we can change our world through doing good and serving God by serving others is not only possible, it is the way we undo the harm and heal the hurts in our lives and the lives of those around us. Please read Romans 12:9-21 aloud. List all the actions we are commanded to carry out toward one another and those in our world.
- Have several people list six things they are grateful to God for. Why is remembering God’s goodness important to Paying It Forward?
- Describe a time when you felt excluded or unwelcomed. How did you feel? As Christians, are gatherings are unique because we come together for the expressed purpose of lifting up Jesus Christ. Caring and including others is an important part of lifting Jesus up. I gave two Inclusive Actions which are contagious (Smiling and Sowing Seeds of Peace). Come up with at least five more ways all of us can INCLUDE others in our circle.
- List three ways to INVEST your time, resources and/or abilities in serving others. What about ways to serve the next generation?